*Updated July 28th, 2020
Owner and Data Controller
1250 Boston Post Road
View our Usage Policy
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting Assocsia.org. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
When you use any of our services, we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy seriously. We hope you take some time to read through our policies carefully. If you are not comfortable with any of our policies or you do not agree with the terms of this privacy agreement, we will understand if you choose to discontinue use of our Services. By continuing to use our services, we assume you have read, understood and agree to these terms. This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services, as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
2. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
4. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
5. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Basically, we collect the information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the website, engage in sales, sign up for newsletters, and.or request information. Basically, if you contact us for information or participate in any of our community activities. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make and the products and features you use.
The personal information we collect may include: Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section called “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” below.
We assume and depend on the information you provide to be true, complete and accurate, and rely on you to notify us if there are any changes to your personal information. It is only with your good information that we can provide the services you request.
Information automatically collected: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our site. This information does not reveal your identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about the timing of the use of our and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, to comply with laws, or to fulfill business obligations.We may process or share your data based on the following legal basis:
• Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
• Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
• Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
• Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
• Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
• Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
• Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions – as requested by you.
• Other Users: Social Media: When you share personal information or otherwise interact with public areas of the world wide web on social media platforms (outside our websites), such personal information may be viewed by users of those platforms and may be publicly available outside our web sites. These are areas where we have no control of privacy. If you interact with other users of our social media platforms and register for our services through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our social media platforms, and view your profile.
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS? If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you. Our presence on social media platforms offers you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive varies depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on those social media platforms. This may be controlled (by you) by the privacy choices you make in the preferences on each social media platform.
We only use the information we receive for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice. Please remember that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media providers. We strongly recommend that you review their privacy policies and notices to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set (and control) your privacy preferences on their respective sites and apps.
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY? We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own. Our servers are located in the United States of America. If you are accessing our site from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above).
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION? We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than two years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize the information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS? We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take appropriate action.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS? You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting that you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will update and repost a revised privacy notice.
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS? Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with one of our websites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE? Yes, we will, from time to time, update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE? If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
1250 Boston Post Road
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU? Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us as noted above. We will respond to your request within 30 days.